Maine Elopement and Small Wedding Photographer
Smaller weddings are becoming very popular in Maine. A typical wedding in Maine has between 100 and 150 guests. Admittedly planning a wedding with that many guests is a lot of work. There are so many decisions to make and things to worry about. This is why we believe that small weddings are becoming so popular. Instead, you can sneak off with the one you love and maybe a few family members or friends and get married on your own terms. We find these intimate weddings to very powerful and emotional.
- You and your partner
- An officiant
- Two witnesses (we’re always happy to be your witnesses) or your witnesses can be friends or family members
- Ceremony venue or location
- Some champagne and cake is always nice
- Reception venue
Our Weddings Venues page has several great venues that we chose because they have enough space for over 100 wedding guests. That doesn’t mean that these venues are too large for a small wedding. Make sure you check out that list as well as the list below with some of our favorite places for a small wedding.
- Squire Tarbox Inn
Westport Island, Maine
- Pemaquid Point Lighthouse Park
- Primo Restaurant
- The Frances Schooner
- All Faiths Chapel
South Portland, Maine
- Any Bed & Breakfasts
- Many Maine Restaurants
For the best light we always recommend having either a sunrise or sunset ceremony. This will give you that nice warm diffused light that help make your photos look their best. Don’t worry if either of those times do not work with what you have in mind. For a ceremony during the day try to find a location that is shaded or put the sun behind the officiant. This is a small thing but it can make a huge difference.
Also, don’t forget about getting ready and any other special moments. Capturing even just a couple photos will help tell the story of your day.
Once you’ve booked with us we’ll reach out and help you put together a custom timeline that will outline the flow of the day.
As with our all day wedding packages all of our small wedding packages always include the following:
- Unlimited wedding planning assistance
- Custom wedding day timeline
- Password protected online gallery for easy ordering of prints and sharing your images with family & friends
- Edited high-resolution images delivered to you on a USB flash drive
- One personal use license with print release for all your digital images
For us we consider a small wedding to be any wedding with less than 15 guests thought we’re somewhat flexible on the number.
Prices start at $1000. Contact us today to book us for your small wedding.
Updated June 22nd, 2019