Maine Elopement and Small Wedding Photographer
Smaller weddings are becoming very popular in Maine. A typical wedding in Maine has between 100 and 150 guests. Admittedly planning a wedding with that many guests is a lot of work. There are so many decisions to make and things to worry about. This is why we believe that small weddings are becoming so popular. Instead, you can sneak off with the one you love and maybe a few family members or friends and get married on your own terms. We find these intimate weddings to very powerful and emotional.
- You and your partner
- An officiant
- Two witnesses (we’re always happy to be your witnesses) or your witnesses can be friends or family members
- Ceremony venue or location
- Some champagne and cake is always nice
- Reception venue
Maine Small Wedding Venues
- Squire Tarbox Inn Westport Island, Maine
- Pemaquid Point Lighthouse Park Bristol, Maine
- Primo Restaurant Rockland, Maine
- The Frances Schooner Portland, Maine
- All Faiths Chapel South Portland, Maine
- Any Bed & Breakfast
- Many restaurants have a private area that is perfect for a small ceremony
Small Wedding Timeline Advice
For the best light we always recommend having either a sunrise or sunset ceremony. This will give you that nice warm diffused light that help make your photos look their best. Don’t worry if either of those times do not work with what you have in mind. For a ceremony during the day try to find a location that is shaded or an area where the officiant can have the sun to their back. This is a small thing but it can make a huge difference in your photographs.
Also, don’t forget about getting photographs of the getting ready and any other special moments that you have planned. Capturing just a few photos of these small details will help tell the story of your day.
Once you’ve booked with us we’ll reach out and help you put together a custom timeline that will outline the flow of the day.
Small Wedding and Elopement Packages
As with our all day wedding packages all of our small wedding packages always include the following:
- Both Emily and Allen to photograph your wedding
- Unlimited wedding planning assistance
- Custom wedding day timeline
- Online photo gallery for easy ordering of prints and sharing your images with family & friends
- Edited high-resolution images delivered on a USB flash drive
- One personal use license with print release for all your digital images
For us we consider a small wedding to be any wedding with less than 15 guests.
Prices start at $1000. Contact us today to book us for your small wedding.
Updated January 8th, 2020